Chicken To The Gardener: Presentation
Chicken is one of the less fat meats it contains. Its price is always cheap, if you buy it whole and, if you buy it out, something more expensive, but also very affordable. It likes children and older and, as it is a very tender meat, it is very easy to cook it and it is very juicy.
With this recipe, I participate in the Healthy recipes challenge of this month of June that has organized. I have chosen the chicken for its low fat content and vegetables so that this is a dish of the most complete. The oil used is AOVE (extra virgin olive oil).
- 3 quarters of chicken back (you can choose other parts)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 100 g peas
- 1 roasted pepper (canned)
- Ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of cognac or white wine
- 1 tablet of bird or salt stock concentrate
- Photograph of ingredients needed for this recipe
- Ingredients to prepare Chicken to the gardener
You can see this video on YouTube to comment, bookmark I like or subscribe to my channel video recipes.
Chicken to the gardener: preparation of the recipe :
- Season the chicken.
- In a frying pan, with olive oil, marks the chicken until golden. Even if it’s raw inside, it does not matter. Add the carrot peeled and cut into slices and rolled onion.
- Incorporate the cognac or white wine and let reduce. If you do not use alcohol in your stews, you can substitute it with a glass of water.
- Once you have reduced, add a glass of water, peas and rickrack pepper cut into pieces. If you do not have rickrack peppers, you can use fresh red or green pepper, but in that case, add it together with the onion. Add a little stock of concentrated broth of meat or salt. You can add the diced potatoes now, if you want this dish to be a bit lighter
- Let it simmers for half an hour, stirring from time to time and adding water if it dries too much.
- While cooking everything, I used to fry the potatoes apart, but you choose how you want to include them.
- Once the sitting room has thickened and the half hour of simmering has passed, rectify it of salt and remove it from the fire. Divide the potatoes over and you have it ready to serve!