XSEDE XRAC Allocation Proposal Submissions Open Dec. 16
XSEDE XRAC allocation proposal submissions open Friday, December 16, 2011 for allocations beginning April 1, 2012 begins Dec. 16, 2011! This is the next opportunity to apply for a large scale allocation. The next will be on March 15th and the allocation (if approved) would not start until July 1st of 2012. Thus, if you need access to lots of computational cycles in the late spring...this is it!
XSEDE Allocations Submission Schedule
You may submit requests to be reviewed in the following upcoming meetings:
Additionally, we are encouraging the use of XSEDE's ECSS (Extended Collaborative Services and Support) group when applying for your allocation. This is a free service that puts you in contact (for free...) with specialists at the XSEDE sites to help you with such tasks as:
- Algorithmic or solver change; incorporation or implementation of new or advanced numerical methods and/or math libraries
- Optimization (single processor performance, parallel scaling, parallel I/O performance, memory usage, or benchmarking improvement)
- Development of parallel code from serial code/algorithm
- Data visualization or analysis
- Incorporation of new data management or storage
- New grid computing work
- Implementation of new workflows for automation of scientific processes
- Incorporation of new visualization methods
- Innovative scheduling implementation
- Integration of XSEDE resources into a portal or Science Gateway
For those writing an XRAC proposal for the first time, we have made it relatively easy with a number of Successful Resource Request Samples to reference.
The procedure is well documented at the following link: Request Steps Guide.